Welcome

Welcome to Spotlighting. Here I will spotlight new and interesting wedding details that I find in a hope to be a reliable resource to my brides and families. Here you will find honest, unsolicited advice and recommendations. Hopefully, you will also gain valuable insight in to who I am and how I view my work!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Beach Weddings

As most wedding photographers, I am busy booking my weddings for 2007 and 2008. I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to work throughout North and South Carolina and that means..."beach weddings"....I have several beach weddings in the coming year and I am guessing that it can be hard to plan and coordinate such an event. I have gotten several requests from brides to show them samples of other beach weddings because it can be difficult to determine what flowers work best, what type of gown looks nice, how to arrange seating, what time of day is ideal, etc....

It impresses me how creative families can be and I get excited to see the new and innovative ideas that they come up with whether its a beach wedding or a chapel. I encourage taking chances and drawing on your own personal ideas and tastes.

During the summer, I shot this wedding at De Bordieu in South Carolina. Amy and Dave had so many wonderful ideas that they incorporated into their wedding that were unique and personal to them. I chose some of their images because I loved their choice of flowers and how elegantly her gown worked with a beach wedding. Wonderfully sweet couple so I hope you enjoy these.