Welcome

Welcome to Spotlighting. Here I will spotlight new and interesting wedding details that I find in a hope to be a reliable resource to my brides and families. Here you will find honest, unsolicited advice and recommendations. Hopefully, you will also gain valuable insight in to who I am and how I view my work!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

TRASH THE DRESS....SERIOUSLY?


It was an idea that had its roots in Europe and took some parts of the US by storm a few years ago. I rarely come across a bride in my own practice that would wantonly destroy her wedding gown but for that select few, we can TRASH IT!

To trash it means just that...rip it, tear it, burn it, get it dirty... roll in the mud, wade in the creek, jump in the ocean or ride your horse across the fields. Whatever you do just don't be concerned about salvaging the dress.

TrashTheDress.com says its about the creation and not the destruction. I love that because most times the dress won't be used to pass down to our daughters like tradition supposed. This idea is not for the faint of heart and is best suited for that not so traditional bride that would prefer the stunningly, creative images rather than the dress hanging in the closet.






But if you do want to save your dress but still have the fun of creating some spectacular images, one of my brides had the best idea. She purchased two dresses...the one she wore on her wedding day and the one we trashed. Maybe taking advantage of the fact that its hard to eliminate the choices of gowns down to just one...so loving two may not be a such bad thing!