Welcome

Welcome to Spotlighting. Here I will spotlight new and interesting wedding details that I find in a hope to be a reliable resource to my brides and families. Here you will find honest, unsolicited advice and recommendations. Hopefully, you will also gain valuable insight in to who I am and how I view my work!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful non-profit organization. This is a group of volunteer, professional photographers that serve the community in a most intimate and inspiring way...in fact many like myself feel that this is a caring ministry.

First let me tell a bit about what we do but more information can be found on the national website. There you can find out how to donate, become a member or read some very inspiring stories. Volunteer photographers are called at a moments notice to come to the hospital often in the middle of the night to take photographs of an enfant that has passed away or a baby that is failing. It is a tragic turn of events for these families. This service is offered to those families who would like to have photographs taken of their precious little one.

Our task is a nurturing and loving one so we make contact with the family, introduce ourselves and then begin taking very intimate and precious photographs of their little one and their family if they like. These images are often the only existing photographs of these small souls. It has become not only a ministry to me but a blessing as well.

I am blessed beyond measure when I have an opportunity to hold these tiny angels...meet them face to face and then to take darling portraits of their tiny faces, their little toes and feet, their Mommy's and Daddy's hands as they hold their baby's fingers in their own. No greater task brings me such peace and comfort. I am honored that the families allow us into their lives if only for a moment. My prayer has always been that the photographs will bring that same comfort and peace to the families.

To find out more about this service, please visit the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep website at http://www.NILMDTS.com